- All of our wooden urns are indiviually hand-crafted using at least two different species of the rarest burled and figured woods, honoring the loved one it holds.
- Every piece of wood is as different as the tree from which it came, and so are the markings of each and every one of our pet urns.
- We refuse to dye, color or paint any piece. With so many different natural colors and textures of wood, we believe there is absolutely no need.
- Each urn is carefully designed to highlight the richest display of wood grain beauty.
- The size and shape of each urn is inherently different in many ways, because the crafter must work around knots, natural bark inclusions, and the uniqueness of each piece of wood.
- We do not try and duplicate any one urn exactly. Instead we offer only original, one-of-a-kind pet urns. When commissioned, we recreate a similar style only, and never a replica.
What to Expect
Our Mission Statement is “To hand-turn the most original wooden urns used for human and pet cremation remains available.” We take our finished products very seriously. Every online business should outline what their clients can expect. Here are our primary guidelines.
- “Premium Grade A” burled or figured wood construction on all cremation urns.
▪ Using only the finest woods ensures that the end product is truly beautiful in every way, on every surface, inside and out. ▪ We want our families to display the urns proudly on their mantle or showcase for many years to come.
- Each piece of art has at least three (3) different wood types.
▪ Considering which wood types, colors and figurations belong together is extremely important for the artistic value of every
- Every wood surface is professionally tooled, sanded and finished, unless otherwise described fully online.
▪ The finishing touches are just as important as cutting the wood blocks.
- Our actual production timeframes take between eight to twenty-four hours of work, with numerous drying and curing breaks between the steps.
▪ Every vessel, regardless of its size, presents special considerations. ▪ This includes such factors as the wood block shape, urn design, the best finish for the presentation, “work-arounds” like natural
burl crags and pith, etc.
- We offer only our own cremation urns, bowls and trays.
▪ We never market products from outside sources or “foreign” sites. ▪ This ensures our exceptionally high standard of artisanship.
- All human and pet urns are shipped out of our office within three (3) business days after complete payment is received.
▪ We ship overnight, provided the client handles the difference in postage. ▪ Getting the urn in an immediate, timely manner is often extremely important.
- We give a follow-up contact within five (5) business days of the urn's arrival, either by telephone, email, or face-to-face.
▪ This confirms that the business transaction and our cremation urn is satisfactory for the client.
- Service call availability: Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. CST.
- We offer a full three (3) month resolution repair and/or full replacement guarantee on all of our wooden urns, table trays, and lidless prayer bowls.
Copyright 2010 Artistic Wooden Urns: Wooden Urns. All Rights Reserved.
Unique Wood in Each and Every One of Our Pet Urns
Copyright©2008-2012 816.442.4918 Artistic Wooden Urns
Artistic Wooden Urns
Hand-turned Lidded Boxes
For more beautiful art, see Our Gallery at